TechUK, a representative for 850 British technology businesses, have put together a manifesto with intentions for it to be proposed to the next UK government.
The manifesto is a list of proposals to be considered, which include:
- Appointing digital ministers in every government department
- Targets to double UK tech exports by 2020
- A smart migration policy to focus on post-study and graduate entrepreneur visas
- Ten-year innovation budgets for long term growth
- A digital inclusion programme to improve online skills and to increase the digital participation of SME’s across all Industries beyond the South East of England
Technology and Digital have a “fundamental role to play in almost everything the next government will need to do”, Julian David (the CEO of TechUK) labelled the manifesto “a roadmap to 2020”. He also stated, that the digital economy must be a concern for the whole country rather than solely focussed on London. TechUK also requested changes to facilitate extra skilled digital workers migrating to the country. This will ensure the UK is a leader in this field.
IMSworldwide specialise in recruitment and selection of niche interim and permanent executives within the Consumer, FMCG, Retail, Telecommunications and Financial services sectors. As such, we are aware of the ongoing demand for skilled workers with digital expertise. If you are actively looking for work opportunities or alternatively know someone who is, please contact us for both current and upcoming opportunities within this niche.
Please follow the link below to access our live roles: